NFL Week Two Picks
Eight Quick Prediction and Summary of Last Week's Outcomes
Our NFL Week Two pick blog offers sports bettors down and dirty bets. This NFL Week Two pick article provides sports bettors with a roundup of what happened last week as well as what we expect to happen this week. We’ll also offer in-depth projections of individual games. In this article, we’ll provide you with eight quick picks based on the best point spread odds that we could find. Of course, please be sure to use our extensive analysis of each and every NFL team for 2019. Each of our articles is brimming with stats, facts, and insights. Also, see our expanded pick for today’s Patriots at Dolphins contest.
NFL Week Two Pick Blog – AFC Roundup
NFL Week One – AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- The Bills (1-0) beat the Jets 17-16. Bills were down 16-0 before mounting a third-quarter comeback. With three minutes to go, QB Josh Allen tossed a TD pass to John Brown for the win.
- New England Patriots
- The Patriots (1-0) annihilated the Pittsburgh Steelers 33-3 on Sunday. Tom Brady tossed three TD strikes, while the New England defense shut down Roethlisberger and company.
- New York Jets
- The Jets (0-1) saw placekicker Kaare Vedvik, who was picked up on waivers from Minnesota last week, miss and extra point and a 45-yard field goal. NY quarterback Sam Darnold completed 68.3% of his passes and hot for 1 TD and covered 175 yards in the air. He was sacked four times.
- Miami Dolphins
- The Dolphins (0-1) were humiliated by the Ravens 59-10. The Fins scored all of their points in the second quarter. Miami QB Ryan Fitzpatrick hit just 14 of 29 passes, tossing one TD and one INT. He had 185 yards in the air, while the Fins rushed for a total of 21 yards on 12 carries.
- Baltimore Ravens
- The Ravens (1-0) hammered Miami, beating them 59-10. Baltimore QB Lamar Jackson hit 85% of his passes. He tossed five TD passes while RB Mark Ingram rushed for 107 yards and two scores. Marquise Brown caught two TD passes and four passes overall for 147 yards.
- Cincinnati Bengals
- QB Andy Dalton and the Bengals (0-1) were ahead 17-14 at the half, but lost 20-21. Dalton was 35 of 51 passing and hit eight different receivers. He tossed two TDs and no INTs, but Dalton was sacked five times.
- Cleveland Browns
- In their first game, the Baker Mayfield-led Browns (0-1) scored 13 points. Mayfield hit 66% of his attempts for 1 TD. He was sacked five times and threw three picks. Not a good day for the QB. The Browns lost to the Titans by 30 points.
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- In the Steelers (0-1) 3-33 loss to the Patriots, Ben Roethlisberger completed just 57% of his passes. He tossed one TD. JuJu Smith-Schuster has six receptions for 78 yards, while James Conner gained 21 of Pittsburgh’s 32 yards on 10 carries.
- Houston Texans
- The Texans (0-1) lost their first game 28-30. Houston QB Deshaun Watson completed 67% of his passes and passes for three TDs and 268 yards. He was good for three scores, while tossing one INT and being sacked six times.
- Indianapolis Colts
- The Colts (0-1) lost to the Chargers in OT 24-30. QB Jacoby Brissett completed 78% of his passes for 190 yards and two TDs. He threw no INTs. RB Marlon Mack has 25 carries for 174 yards and one score. Indy rushed for 203 yards. WR T.Y. Hilton has eight catches for 87 yards and two scores.
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Jags (0-1) lost to the Chiefs 26-40. Nick Foles was knocked out of the game early. Gardner Minshew completed 88% of his passes for 275 yards and two TDs. D.J. Chark had four catches 146 yards and one TD.
- Tennessee Titans
- The Marcus Mariota-led Titans (1-0) beat hammered the Browns 43-13. Mariota threw for 248 yards and three TDs. TE Delanie Walker made five receptions for 55 yards and two scores. RB Derrick Henry rushed for 84 yards on 19 carries and one score. He also caught one pass for 75 yards and one score.
- Denver Broncos
- The Broncos (0-1) were downed by the Raiders 24-16. QB Joe Flacco completed 67.7% of his tosses, passing for 268 yards and one score. RB Royce Freeman rushed for 56 yards on 10 carries. PK Brandon McManus went 3-4 on field goals.
- Kansas City Chiefs
- The Chiefs (1-0) beat the Jags 40-26 as Patrick Mahomes threw three TD passes and no INTs. He was 25-33 for 378 yards. WR Sammy Watkins caught three TD passes as he made nine catches for 198 yards. RB LeSean McCoy carried the ball 10 times for 81 yards.
- Los Angeles Chargers
- The team formerly from San Diego, the Chargers (1-0) beat the Colts 30-24. QB Phillip Rivers passed for 333 yards and three TDs while completing 25 of 34 attempts. RB Austin Ekeler rushed for 58 yards and one score. The dual threat also caught six passes for 96 yards and two more TDs.
- Oakland Raiders
- Oakland (1-0) beat Denver 24-16. The Raiders led at halftime 14-0. QB Derek Carr completed 84.6% of his passes and threw one TD, while RB Josh Jacobs rushed for two more scores while accumulating 83 yards on 23 carries. Oakland sacked Denver QB Joe Flacco three times and posted six TFL.
NFL Week Two Pick Blog – NFC Roundup
NFL Week One – NFC East
- Dallas Cowboys
- The Cowboys (1-0) beat the Giants 35-17 as Dak Prescott threw four TD passes and went 25-32 for 405 yards. Four different receivers caught touchdown passes. Ezekiel Elliot posted 53 yards on 13 carries for a 4.1 AVG and one TD.
- New York Giants
- The Giants (0-1) were taken down by the Cowboys as they lost 17-35. QB Eli Manning was 30-44 for 306 yards and one TD. Evan Engram caught that one TD pass while making 11 catches for 116 yards. RB Saquon Barkley had 11 rush attempts for 120 yards (10.9 AVG).
- Philadelphia Eagles
- The Eagles (1-0) took down the Skins 32-27. WR DeSean Jackson averaged 19.3 YPC. He caught eight passes for 154 yards and two scores. QB Carson Wentz completed 71.8% of his passes for three TDs and 313 yards. The defense held the Redskins to a total of 28 rushing yards.
- Washington Redskins
- The Redskins (0-1) lost 27-32 to the Eagles as Case Keenum completed 68.2% of his tosses for 380 yards and three TDs. WR Terry McLaurin made five catches for 125 yards and one score. The Skins D posted six TFL.
- Chicago Bears
- The Bears (0-1) scored first but lost the game 3-10. Chicago QB Mitchell Trubisky was 25-46. He tossed one INT and no TDs. Trubisky was sacked five times. Chicago WR Allen Robinson made seven catches for 102 yards. The defense posted nine TFL and five sacks.
- Detroit Lions
- The Lions (0-0-1) tied with the Cardinals 27-27. QB Matthew Stafford played well as he threw for 385 yards and three TDs. Stafford did not throw a pick and he completed 60% of his tosses. The Detroit rush attack gained 118 yards. The Lions fumbled three times losing two.
- Green Bay Packers
- The Packers (1-0) edged out the Bears 10-3 as Aaron Rodgers connected on 18-30 for one TD and no INTs. Rodgers was sacked five times. The Green Bay rush attacked gained just 47 yards. The Packer defense grabbed one pick and posted five sacks.
- Minnesota Vikings
- The Vikings (1-0) beat the Falcons 28-12 that saw Minnesota QB Kirk Cousins go 8-10, passing for 98 yards and one score. Cousins also rushed for a TD, while RB Dalvin Cook averaged 5.3 YPA while scoring twice and gaining 111 yards. Viking D posted four sacks and two picks.
- Atlanta Falcons
- Falcon (0-1) QB Matt Ryan completed 72% of his passes for 304 yards in a 28-12 loss to Minnesota. Ryan tossed two TD passes and two picks. After each TD, the Falcons ran two failed extra-point plays. TE Austin Hooper had nine catches for 77 yards. RB Ito Smith rushed for 31 yards on six attempts.
- Carolina Panthers
- The Panthers (0-1) lost a tough one 27-30 to the Rams despite their comeback in the fourth. Cam Newton had a terrible day, completing 49% of his passes for 239 yards. He tossed one pick and no TDs. Despite averaging just 2.3 YPA, RB Christian McCaffery scofed twice while rushing for 37 yards.
- New Orleans Saints
- The Saints (1-0) were led by Drew Brees who completed 74% of his passes for 370 yards and two TDs. Brees threw one pick versus the Texans. RB Alvin Kamara gained 97 yards on 13 carries. Wil Lutz hit a 58-yard field goal to win the game as time expired. The final was 30-28 in favor of New Orleans.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- The Bucs (0-1) lost 17-31 to the 49ers. QB Jameis Winston completed 64.0% of his passes. He three one TD and three picks while passing for 208 yards. RB Ronald Jones carried the ball 13 times for 75 yards while WR Chris Godwin caught three passes for 53 yards and one TD.
- Arizona Cardinals
- The Cards (0-0-1) tied with Detroit 27-all. In his NFL debut, QB Kyler Murray completed 53.7% of his passes for 308 yards and two TDs while tossing one pick. RB David Johnson averaged 4.6 YPA while rushing for 82 yards. WR Larry Fitzgerald caught eight passes for 113 yards and one score while Zane Gonzalez was 4-4 on FG.
- Los Angeles Rams
- The Rams (1-0) beat Carolina 30-27 in a game where Jared Goff completed one TD pass and tossed one INT while competing 59% of his tosses for 186 yards. Todd Gurley rushed for 97 yards averaging 6.4 YPA, while Malcolm Brown rushed for 53 yards and two TDs while averaging 4.8 YPA. The Rams posted three sacks and five TFL with LB Dante Fowler posting two of each.
- San Francisco 49ers
- S.F. (1-0) took is to Tampa Bay 31-17. QB Jimmy Garoppolo was mediocre, tossing for 166 yards and one score while completing 66.7% of his attempts. The Frisco defense scored two TDs in picks with Richard Sherman taking one in. Robbie Gould was 3-4 on FG. S.F. posted six TFL and three sacks.
- Seattle Seahawks
- The Seahawks (1-0) eked out a 21-20 win against the Bengals. QB Russell Wilson was good on 70% of his passes as he hot for two scores and passed for 195 yards. He tossed no picks. RB Chris Carson rushed for one TD while making 15 carries for 46 yards. Carson also made six catches for 34 yards and one TD.
NFL Week Two Pick Blog – Quick Predictions
Our NFL Week Two pick blog likes the following teams against the spread. Along with this NFL Week Two pick article, we also offer individual pro football picks each and every week as well as college football picks. You can check NFL standings going into Week Two here.
- Indianapolis @ Tennessee at 1:00 pm – We like the Titans at -3.0 especially after their performance against the Browns last week.
- New England @ Miami at 1:00 pm – The Fins can be tough on the Pats, but this week we see the Patriots winning and beating the 18-point spread.
- Minnesota @ Green Bay at 1:00 pm – Both teams are 1-0, but our NFL Week Two pick blog is going with the Vikings at +3.0.
- Jacksonville @ Houston at 1:00 pm – We think Houston is a deal at -7.5. The spread is getting wider in this one!
- New Orleans @ LA Rams at 4:25 pm – Brees or Goff? Kamara or Gurley? Saints or Rams? Our NFL Week Two pick preview takes New Orleans at +2.0.
- Chicago @ Denver at 4:25 pm – Bet the Bears at -1.0.
- Philadelphia @ Atlanta at 8:20 pm – Our NFL Week Two pick is the Eagles with the spread even.