The NBA (National Basketball Association) is the most important professional basketball league from North America. This league is made out of 29 basketball clubs which are located in US and one in Canada. The players that can be found at the NBA are currently some of the world’s best paid sportsmen. The NBA was founded back in 1964 and here you can find popular players like: Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony. These players are also some of the best paid basketball players.
This league is one of the most popular sports leagues in United States and it has millions of fans. The sports betting on basketball is very simple and exciting. It also has a good history that dates more than 100 years back.
What are the most popular NBA bets available?
Betting on basketball is very easy since the bet types are very standard and similar to what you can find at any other basketball betting league. Another factor that ensures you can easily understand what the bets you can make on NBA are, thanks to the fact that the rules of the game are simple to understand. And at the same time there are also many of the bets that very similar to the ones that can be found at other sports like hockey or football.
It’s always best that you know as much information as possible before you start placing bets and here we will offer you a short description of some of the most popular NBA bets:
NBA Props – The props (also known as proposition basketball bets) are a wide range of bets that are constantly made on specific player and team statistics. In addition to that the prop bets are also made on the in game occurrences of certain events.
NBA Total Betting – The totals are also known as Over/Under bets. At the NBA matches the sportsbooks will set up a number of the total number of points that both competing teams are going to score. Your job is going to be to bet on whether the number of points scored by both teams combined is going to be over or under the number given by the sportsbook.
NBA Future Bets – Even if the future bets tend to be a little bit more difficult to win, compared to other bets, they are also some of the most intriguing and fun. The NBA future bets represent wagers that are being made on the outcome of some future NBA events or matches.
NBA Moneylines – A money line bet is very simple to understand since it’s probably one of the easiest bets that you can make on an NBA match. Here you will basically need to bet on which team is going to win a certain match. All the other factors will not be taken into consideration. This bet is excellent for beginners since it’s easy to understand and at the same time you are also able to earn some nice profits out of it.
NBA Major Events
The NBA major events are by far one of the favorite games for sports betting enthusiasts. Here is a short description with what you should expect to find at the major sports events:
NBA All Star Game – The first NBA All Star Game was staged for the first time in Boston Garden back in 1951. Ever since that moment each year there was this interesting match held between the best players that are part of the Eastern Conference and the best players of the Western Conference. During the last 10 years the betting made on this match has grown significantly and it is now an excellent opportunity to place bets.
NBA Championship – Is also known as the NBA Finals and it’s the championship series of the NBA. Back in the days these series used to be called the NBA World Championship Series. Things are very simple here since the match is going to be held between the winners of the Western Conference Finals and the Eastern Conference Finals. You can find a multitude of bets on this major NBA event, since almost any online sportsbook out there is going to cover this important event.
Top 5 NBA betting tips
- Have a look at the statistics and trends – Be up to date with the injuries – While the weather is not important at NBA betting, you still have to take into consideration the injuries of the players. An injury to the key player is definitely able to change the fate of the game.
- Home court advantage – Even if at an NBA match the home court advantage might not be as important as it is at other basketball matches, you still have to take this into consideration. Take into consideration the home / away performances – While some teams are able to play very well when they are away, others will do the same. Make sure that you have a look at the history of teams and take this factor into consideration.
- Be on the lookout for overvalued and undervalued teams – In order to make a good profit out of your NBA sports betting, you must always be on a lookout for opportunities. And the over valuated and under valuated teams are definitely the ones that can bring you the cash.
- Avoid betting on all games – You must be very selective while placing bets. This is the reason why you should avoid placing bets on every game.
- Take into consideration the new acquisitions – The new players might bring the team up or down.
NBA sports betting mistakes
It’s time to understand the most common mistakes that bettors make on NBA matches. By knowing all this information it’s going to be a lot easier for you to avoid making them and concentrate on a successful betting that will bring you a good amount of money.
So here are some of the most popular NBA sports betting mistakes:
Irrational Betting – When betting on NBA, you must bet objectively and rationally. This means that you must make sure that you are placing bets based on facts. At the same time you must be ready to even place bets on the team that plays against your favorite NBA team, in case the circumstances ask you to do that.
Double your bets – This is a very common mistake which is constantly made by a lot of novice bettors. Some players will double their bets when they are in the situation of winning or losing. The reason why they do it when they are losing is to make it up for the losses in hope that they are going to win the lost money. While those that double their bets when winning hope that they will hit jackpot this way. The truth is that you should always place your bets where the amount is based on your bankroll and move the total amount of your bets along with your bankroll.
Here are some other common NBA betting mistakes:
• Not taking into consideration the high importance of coaching
• Betting on props and other exotic bets
• Not taking into consideration bankroll management rules
• Taking into consideration only what the media says
• Placing bets based on stars and not the whole team