Our AL West Preview 2020 is packed with useful information on every team in the division. This AL West Preview 2020 sees the Houston Astros as being the top team. They are the ball club to beat, and the ‘Stros are a hard team to beat. The Oakland Athletics will give Houston a run for their money. Plus, the Los Angeles Angels have a shot at the West. However, their ragtag rotation will likely be their undoing. The Texas Rangers appear to be improved over last season, while the Seattle Mariners are on the downswing.
AL West Preview 2020 – Teams
Below you’ll find a quick sketch of each AL West ball club. We provide you with three strengths and three weaknesses. In addition, we offer a full analysis of each club on our individual team pages. Our full preview of each team provides fans and sports bettors insights into each baseball team’s performance over the past few seasons, moves they’ve recently made, and their pitching staff and everyday players. In addition, we evaluate each team’s manager and GM. Finally, our team previews predict where each club will finish as well as their potential wins and losses. Utilize our betting preview to get a full picture of each team as well as each division and the entire league.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Starting pitching
- Batting Order
- Can Dusty Baker still win?
- Will new GM James Click click with Baker?
- Owner Jim Crane needs to check his hubris
- Nationals Rendon joins the team
- Trout may be best player in MLB
- Multitalented Ohtani
- Spotty rotation
- Can vet manager Joe Maddon get the job done?
- Will Pujols be a liability?
- Manager Bob Melvin is in sync with players and front office
- Promising rookies
- Rookies make mistakes
- Holes in rotation
- Have to battle Astros and Angels
- DH Vogelback gets the job done
- First baseman White standout defensively and offensively
- SS J.P. Crawford has a lot of potential
- Rotation is weak
- Closer Tuivailaia questionable
- Mariners not interested in spending money
- Rebuilding project showing progress
- Manager Chris Woodward is solid
- Ace Corey Kluber joins team
- Latter part of rotation weak
- Closer Leclerc needs to rebound from terrible season
- Hitting still an issue
Our AL West Preview 2020 Projections
It’s no secret that we’re picking the Astros to win the AL West. After that, we like the Athletics. However, don’t count out the Angels. On the other hand, we think that you can count out the Rangers and Mariners. Neither have the depth to drive to the end of a very long season in a very tough division.