Gonzaga’s two losses this season came one after the other. On December 9, they lost at home to #7 Tennessee 76-73. Then on December 15 they traveled to North Carolina, losing to the #12 Tar Heels 103-90. Since that last loss, the Bulldogs have run off nine straight wins. Their last game was at Portland where they won 89-66.
Santa Clara started their season at 3-7. From December 9 through January 3, the Broncos won six straight games. That streak ended when on January 5 they traveled to Gonzaga. SCU lost that contest 91-48. In their last five games, the Broncos are 3-2. They last played January 19, beating Pacific 69-57.
What the Stats Foretell
Edge: Santa Clara
Our NCAAM Broncos vs Bulldogs Pick – Key Players
- Gonzaga’s senior PG Josh Perkins ably handles the fast-paced offense with 6.5 APG and 10.7 PPG, while SCU freshman PG Trey Wertz. With 12.2 PPG and 5.0 APG, tries to match him
- Bronco guard Tahj Eaddy, with 16.3 PPG, is the team’s top point-maker
- Bulldog forwards Hachimura and Clarke average 20.1 PPG and 6.9 RPG and 16.5 PPG and 7.8 RPG
- Look for Santa Clara’s Josip Vrankic (13.2 PPG, 6.2 RPG), at forward, to try to control the paint
- Bronco’s four double–digit scorers attempt to keep up with Bulldogs five double-digit scorers
Gonzaga at Santa Clara Spread Pick
Although the Bulldogs have over the years struggled to beat the spread when playing Santa Clara, as of late, they’ve done well. We expect the Zags to push the envelope tonight and cover. Our college basketball Broncos vs Bulldogs pick is Gonzaga at -21.0. Be sure to read our #19 Iowa vs #6 Michigan State spread pick. That game will be played at 7 pm ET tonight.