AFC North- 2017 Season
2018 AFC North Preview: Teams
Our previews are designed to give you a view of each team from different angles. Included are important stats, possible starters, essential backups, and a rating of each group. A quick summary of each team’s strengths and weaknesses is below. Follow each team link to their full preview.
- QB Joe Flacco needs a Matt Ryan-like comeback season
- Might rookie QB Lamar Jackson see action?
- O-line and RBs are solid
- Frontline is best part of defense
- LB unit a bit thin this season
- Special teams are some of the best in the NFL
- Coach John Harbaugh’s aggressive style will make or break this team
- QB Andy Dalton has to get his game back to a higher level
- Rush attack with Joe Mixon is the best part of offense
- O-line is weaker than you’d like
- This team needs to score some points
- D-line best unit on that side of the ball
- LBs are worrisome
- HC Marvin Lewis under pressure to win
- Good moves adding QB Tyrod Taylor and drafting QB Baker Mayfield
- New O-C Haley allows Jackson to focus on being head coach
- Ground attack has been upgraded
- Can offensive line come through?
- Defense will give up too many points again
- Special teams return units need a jolt
- 0-16 last season means they can only go up (right?)
- QB Ben Roethlisberger still has it.
- WR Antonio Brown can bring it
- RB Le’Veon Bell, the best in the NFL, sitting out season
- O-line one of the best in the league
- Defense sound on line and in secondary
- Pro Bowl LB Shazier out for season and maybe career
- HC Mike Tomlin is a risk-taker willing to put the game on the line
Projected Order of Finish
Our 2018 AFC North Preview sees the following order of finish:
Final Thoughts- 2018 AFC North Preview
Make sure you take advantage of our 2018 AFC North Preview as the season begins and progresses throughout the year. All of our previews and projections are created with the NFL sports bettor in mind. Also, as the season progresses, check in with Betting Brain regularly for NFL news, picks, and more. We have everything NFL bettors want and need to be successful.