The Big Sky’s Montana Grizzlies (2-0) have recorded easy wins this season. In Week One, they beat the South Dakota Coyotes 31-17. Last week, the Grizzlies ripped the North Alabama Lions 61-17. We do not expect Montana to be able to run roughshod over the Ducks, as they have with their first two college football opponents. Kickoff is slated for 10:45 pm ET on Saturday, September 14, 2019. The game will be played in Eugene, Oregon, at the Autzen Stadium.
Ducks vs Grizzlies Basics
In their last five games, the Grizzlies are 1-4 versus the spread and 0-5 straight up in their last five games on the road. The Ducks have dominated the Grizzlies. In eight meetings, they have won all but one. That one game ended in a tie. It was played in 1952. Montana has not made it to the FSC postseason since 2015. Last season, they went 6-5. Last season, the Ducks went 9-4 and beat Portland, like Montana a FCS team, 62-14. However, the Ducks did not cover, as they were -49.
Oregon vs Montana Pick – Ducks’ Offense
NCAA Football – Ducks vs Grizzlies Top Factors
- The Ducks lead the series with Montana 7-0-1. In 1952, Montana managed to tied the Ducks at 14-all. All eight games have been played on Oregon turf.
- Montana’s dual-threat QB Sneed will try to keep it close.
- Oregon O-line is the most experienced of any such unit in the nation and offer Herbert great protection.
- Montana senior receiver Jerry Louie-McGee may break the school record for catches. He needs three more. He’s also a fine punt returner.
- Duck receiving unit is deep and may be even deeper this week as graduate transfer Juwan Johnson, who missed the first two games, may get the nod to play tonight.
Our Oregon vs Montana Pick
We like the lower spread, as this game opened with Oregon at -39.5. The Ducks will be tuning up their offense as they head into Pac-12 play next week against Stanford. Last season, the Cardinal beat the Ducks in OT 38-31. Montana will try to compete tonight, but we do expect them to be overwhelmed by this Pac-12 team.
Summary Oregon Ducks vs Montana Grizzlies Pick
Oregon Ducks point spread at -35.5