Games We Said To Avoid
- Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (1 p.m.): When we wrote this we noted, “Most books have these teams even. Hard to say what will happen here.” They are still even. Take the Ravens.
- New Orleans at Atlanta (4:25 p.m.): Originally, Atlanta was favored by 7.5. Now at some books it’s nine. Atlanta won the first meeting 45-32. We don’t anticipate much defense today in this game, so forget the spread and take the over at 57.5.
- Arizona Cardinals at Los Angles Rams (4:25 p.m.): The Cardinals are at -7.0. Early in the season, they lost to the Rams 17-13. This time the Cards win. Take Arizona at -7.0.
Our Maybe/Maybe Nots of Our NFL Week 17 Games
- Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans (1 p.m.): The Titans are still at -3.0. Take Tennessee at -3.0.
- Buffalo Bills at New York Jets (1 p.m.): This one is still perplexing. The Bills have gone from -3.5 to -4.5. Bet the Bills at -4.5
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts (1 p.m.): Colts started at -7.0 and went down to -4.5 and are now at -5.5? We like the Colts (sort of). Take Indy at -5.5.
- New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins (1 p.m.): The spread on this game started with the Pats at -6 and then it went up to -10.5. Now New England is at -7.5. With the way the Patriots are play, take them at -7.5.
- San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks (4:25 p.m.): Originally we wrote, “The point spread ranges from 9.5 to 10.5 and the Seahawks are the favorites.” Now the spread ranges from 11.0 to 12.5. Okay,
- Seattle, out the pedal to the metal. Take the Seahawks at -11.0.
The Final List
Here’s our final list of bets not to make unless you have some cash to burn. Then don’t burn it, bet it on these.
- Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals- Ravens
- New Orleans at Atlanta- Over 57.5
- Arizona Cardinals at Los Angles Rams- Cardinals
- Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans- Titans
- Buffalo Bills at New York Jets- The Bills
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts- The Colts
- New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins- The Patriots
- San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks- The Seahawks.
Good luck to you!