Indiana Pacers Keys
Look to small forward Paul George (23..7 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 1.59 SPG) to mix it up with LeBron James. If he can neutralize James or slow him down, that would be big. George is hitting 39% from downtown and 46% of his shots from the field. PG Teague (15.3 PPG, 7.8 APG, 36 3PT%) is a major factor as in center Myles Turner (14.5 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 51 FG%). Teague is making 1.23 SPG and Myles 2.14 BPG.
Cleveland Cavaliers Keys
If it’s all up to James, as many say, then it is all up to James. His stats include 26.4 PPG, 8.6 RPG, and 8.7 APG. Those assists make him very dangerous. James is putting in 55% of his shots and 36% of his three-point tries. Irving (25.2, 5.8 APG, 47 FG%) just about matches James in points and his three-point mark is 40%. He’s also another playmaker. Also essential to the Cavaliers are PF Kevin Love (19.0 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 43 FG%) and SG Kyle Korver (10.7 PPG, 47 FG%, 47 3PT%) who came over this season in a trade with Atlanta. Both are top three-point shooters.
Top Series Factors
- Cavaliers have dominated the Pacers this year and taken them down in the playoffs in prior years
- If the Pacers can take the first game, this series could go south for the Cavs quickly
- James cannot do it all and the Cavs have played poorly for most of the second half
- Cavalier defense is weak and can be exploited
- Cavs are allowing 107.2 PPG, Pacers 105.3
- Indiana is more than six percentage points better on free throws
Indiana Plays Cleveland 2017 NBA Playoff Free Pick
Overall, Indiana matches up well in most statistical categories and they are better in all defensive areas. However with Jefferson and Teague, they don’t quite have the punch they could with them. Then again, the Cavs will be missing so e major setup and three-point chops with Irving out. Our Indiana plays Cleveland 2017 NBA playoff free pick is Indian, a true dark horse, in six. We feel this series will be the big surprise of the 2017 NBA playoffs.