Last night, we predicted that the Boston Bruins would win Game 7. With that pick, it makes sense to go with the over. But will that be the case? Here’s what we know about past Stanley Cup Final Game 7s and, also this specific game, which will be played Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at the TD Garden in Boston, MA.
Boston Bruins vs St Louis Blues Totals Pick – Odds and Projections
Most experts are going with the under in this one. It certainly makes sense in many ways. But, basing your pick on general past Game 7 performances is risky at best. Each series is unique, as is each team. Here’s a look at one all-important aspect, goaltending.
Bruins vs Blues – Goaltending Assessment
Bennington’s biggest weakness has been his blocker side. He has had a very tough time with shots from the right wing aimed at his blocker side. If the Bruins can exploit that tonight, they could get three goals just focusing on tossing the puck at his blocker.
Key Factors in Over/Under
- If Rask is in the zone again, Blues won’t score more than 2
- St Louis trio of Alexander Steen, Oskar Sundqvist and Ivan Barbashev is back together after Barbashev served his Game 6 suspension. They have shut down the Bruins
- When Boston is skating and passing fluidly, they’re tough to stop
- Can the Garden crowd have an effect on scoring?
- Rookie Goalie vs Veteran Goalie – 4-2 score likely
Our Boston Bruins vs St Louis Blues Totals Pick
In our Boston Bruins vs St Louis Blues totals prediction, we are going against past Stanley Cup Final Game 7 trends. We’re taking over 5.5 (+130). We do think that each team will be putting the puck on goal a lot and that enough will find the back of the net to generate numerous scores. Also, we do predict an empty netter to help our cause.
Summary Stanley Cup Game 7 Totals – Boston Bruins vs St. Louis Blues
Over 5.5 goals (+130)