NFC West- 2017 Season
2018 NFC West Preview: Teams
Please note, below are some quick observations about each NFC West team. When making any wager, make sure that you check the latest information available. That includes our free NFL picks, each of which is created within 24 hours of game day.
- New head coach Steve Wilks comes in with zero years NFL head coaching experience
- QB Carson Palmer is gone and Sam Bradford in
- After missing last season with an injury, RB David Johnson is back
- Vet WR Larry Fitzgerald had 109 REC and 1,156 YDs last season
- DE Chandler Jones topped NFL with 17 sacks
- Safety Antoine Bethea (5 INTs) had a great 2017 season and was fine team leader
- Can special teams be upgraded with hiring of STC Jeff Rodgers?
- QB Jared Goff has started to come into his own
- RB Todd Gurley is a massive rusher and receiver
- O-L performed well last season and should again
- D had 48 sacks (4th NFL)
- D-line is top-notch
- Secondary is vulnerable
- Special teams some of best in league
- Does SF spell success Garopollo?
- Free Agent RB Jerick McKinnon will rush, catch, and, hopefully, score.
- WR Marquise Goodwin is fast and prolific
- LB unit suspect
- Upgrade in secondary, as CB Richard Sherman joins defense
- Rookie Dante Pettis comes to ST with nine college TDs on returns
- Second-year head coach Kyle Shanahan still has numerous issues to address
- QB Russell Wilson was on target for 34 TDs last season
- Seattle receiving group weak and lacks depth
- Ranked 23rd in rush attack, can they gain more ground?
- O-line and D-line have problems
- Defense has lost it verve and drive
- Mike rookie Rashad Penny, with seven run-back TDs at SD State, revive return game?
- Is HC Pete Carroll’s job in jeopardy?
Projected Order of Finish
Our 2018 NFC West Preview sees the following order of finish:
Final Thoughts- 2018 NFC West Preview
As the NFL season unfolds, you’ll want to utilize our previews as a foundation for your picks. Our 2018 NFC West preview provides sports bettors with a wealth of information. But, of course, don’t rely on previews primarily. As the season develops, previews become less and less relevant. Consequently, do be sure to check in with Betting Brain each day for expert free picks, insights into the players, coaches, and teams, and the latest news. Visit often, as we’ve got all of the information sports bettors want and need.